What happens next
Once you’ve sent your complaint to us in writing, an Early Resolution Specialist will contact you to verify your information and determine if your complaint falls within our mandate. If it does, the Early Resolution Specialist will:
- Confirm that we have the appropriate consent to collect personal information and personal health information to continue with your complaint file.
- Get your ideas on what you’d like to achieve through your complaint
- Offer other resolution suggestions and ask for your input on these suggestions
- Inform the health sector organization about your complaint, including suggestions for a reasonable resolution
- Engage in ongoing conversations between you and the health sector organization in an attempt to resolve your complaint
- Notify you and the health sector organization whether the resolution was successful
- If there was no resolution, notify you of next steps including whether an investigation will take place
Throughout the process, you will be informed of all resolution attempts and their progress.