Hear the results of our consultations and online survey.
If you didn't have a chance to join us for the live webcast on June 16, 2016, you can view the archived webcast here. The password to view this webcast is: hqo0616
About Excellent Care for All
The Public Sector and MPP Accountability and Transparency Act, 2014 amended the Excellent Care for All Act, 2010 (ECFAA) to establish a Patient Ombudsman in Ontario.
About Protecting your Privacy and Personal Health Information
The purpose of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act are:
- To provide a right of access to information under the control of government organizations in accordance with the following principles:
- information should be available to the public;
- exemptions to the right of access should be limited and specific;
- decisions on the disclosure of government information may be reviewed by the Information and Privacy Commissioner.
- To protect personal information held by government organizations and to provide individuals with a right of access to their own personal information.
The purpose of the Personal Health Information Protection Act:
To protect the confidentiality of personal health information in the custody or control of health information custodians and to provide individuals with a right of access to their own personal health information and the right to seek correction of such information, with limited exceptions.