Calls and formal complaints to Patient Ombudsman are extremely high at this time.

For new complainants: expect delays in returning your call.

For current complainants: expect delays in progressing your complaint file.

Our sincere apologies – we are doing our best to respond to you as quickly as possible. Our team is prioritizing the most urgent complaints. We appreciate your patience.

COVID-19 questions and information

Thank you,
Patient Ombudsman Team

Before You Make a Complaint


What you need to know

First we need to make sure we’re the right organization to help you. This first step is important because there may be things that need to be done before we can help resolve your complaint.


Have you already tried to resolve your complaint with the health sector organization?

We can help if you have already sought to have your complaint addressed by the public hospital, long-term care home and/or Home and Community Care Support Services and you aren’t satisfied with the outcome. Our services are free and confidential.


Is your complaint ONLY about a Regulated Health Professional?

All regulated health professionals belong to regulatory bodies called “Colleges”. If your complaint is only about a regulated health professional, such as a physician, nurse, physiotherapist, etc., you will need to contact the appropriate College, for example:




NEXT: Make a Complaint


Was this page helpful?